Sildur’s Shaders is a shaders pack that focuses on options. Many shaders packs out there have some heavy limitations, such as only working for Microsoft operating systems or only functioning on higher end computers. This shaders pack functions on most operating systems, and it comes equipped with many various editions that are sure to cater to whatever kind of operating system, Minecraft build, or processing specs the player may have. There are a few types of shaders, each with subtypes within them. For example, there is a set called Vibrant shaders which add a graphical overhaul to the game’s aesthetic. The Vibrant shaders have versions called Lite, Medium, High, High-MotionBlur, and Extreme. And those options are only considering the Vibrant shaders. There are also Basic shaders as well as Light shaders. If you are someone who has been interested in the idea of shaders but have felt limited due to your operating system or processing capabilities, Slidur’s Shaders are a great way to get your feet wet.
Moving on to the actual shaders themselves, this shaders pack adds tons of graphic changes to the game, ranging from simple features to more elaborate ones. For starters, this pack adds dynamic lighting and shadows. Light seems to be a binary function in vanilla Minecraft: either it’s there or it’s not. Sure, brightness and color are something that continues to improve in the game, but none of them seem to really explore the capabilities that lighting can have in Minecraft. This mod truly dives into the different effects that something as simple as light can have, morphing a bland torchlight to a cozy luminescence. Sunlight is another aspect that this mod gives justice. At high noon, the sun is bright and invigorating. A subtle touch of lends flare also seems to be added, giving the game more of a cinematic feel. At the end of the day, the sunset looks more like an actual sunset, rather than the sky simply turning orange. The surrounding clouds have the same colors to them, and there is a clear transition from the blue of the sky to the orange of the sunset.
Water is another aspect this shaders pack plays with. These shaders transition the traditional look of water to a more mysterious and beautiful one, much like actual bodies of water have. A simple pond in the game may look like a crystal watering hole, and a large ocean may feel more like an unknown abyss of wonder and terror. The last major update to vanilla added tons of features to the underwater aspect to Minecraft, and this shaders pack compliments those additions quite nicely.
Lastly, certain effects can be disabled or enabled. While these shaders add an incredible detail to the natural effects of the game, it is sometimes best for framerate to disable certain effects. Because Slidurs’ Shaders integrate the many different builds of software and hardware that players have, this feature compliments the great level of accessibility this shaders pack has to offer.
Sildur’s Shaders Features
- Vibrant shaders feature pretty much everything, from depth of field to volumetric lighting.
- Full support for default minecraft, meaning things like night vision work fine!
- Shadows, colored shadows, underwater shadows, reflections, cel-shading, color boost, crossprocess(color filer), motionblur, depth of field and distance blur.
- Crossprocessing (Different colors, see screenshots.)
- Depth of Field.
- World Curvature (outdated).
- Crazy Acid shaders (outdated).
Sildur’s Shaders for Minecraft Changelogs
Vibrant shaders v1.18:
- Improved sky during sunrise and sunset.
- Improved water refraction and caustics.
- Minor code optimizations.
- Added custom stars and an ingame option to toggle them.
- Added ingame option default skybox/stars to the sky options screen, causes some lighting issues with the sky during sunset and sunrise.
- Disabled support for default stars / skybox by default.
- Added ingame option minlight to the emissive lighting options, allowing you to tweak the brightness/min light inside caves etc.
- Fixed connected textures being reflective / textures with translucent layers want your custom block to be reflective? Add it to ice in block.properties.
- Fixed depth of field blurring your hand.
- Fixed underwater shadows.
- Various code improvements.
- Fixed weird color issues on newer Nvidia drivers (381.65, 381.78).
- Added waving tallgrass.
How to install Sildur’s Shaders?
- The first step is to download and install the GLSL Shaders Mod or Optifine HD Mod on your Minecraft client (please install only one mod, don’t install both)!
- Now go to:
- Windows => %appdata%\.minecraft
- Mac OS X => ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Linux => ~/.minecraft
- Search for the “shaderpacks” folder.
- Move the downloaded .zip into the shaderpacks folder.
- Now you can select shader in-game from Options/Shaders!
- That was all!
Download Links for Sildur’s Shaders Pack
for Minecraft 1.13.2/1.13
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.18 Lite | mirror Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.18 Medium | mirror Recommended for recording or older PCs
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.18 High | mirror Lowest: 65fps Average: 85fps Highest: 110fps – [email protected] view dist: 12
- Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders 1.18 High-Motionblur | mirror
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.18 Extreme | mirror Lowest: 55fps Average: 70fps Highest: 85fps – [email protected] view dist: 12
- Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders 1.18 Extreme-Volumetric Lighting | mirror messes with skycolor, I prefer godrays
for Minecraft 1.12.2/1.11.2/1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8.9/1.7.10
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.17 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems.
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.17 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs.
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.17 High Lowest: 65fps Average: 85fps Highest: 110fps – [email protected] view dist: 12
- Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders 1.17 High-Motionblur
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.17 Extreme Lowest: 55fps Average: 70fps Highest: 85fps – [email protected] view dist: 12
- Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders 1.17 Extreme-Volumetric Lighting WIP messes with skycolor, I prefer godrays.
Enhanced Default Shaders:
- Sildur’s Basic Shaders v1.051 Regular
- Sildur’s Basic Shaders v1.051 Motion Blur
- Sildur’s Basic Shaders v1.051 DoF
- Sildur’s Basic shaders v1.02 World curvature
- Sildur’s Basic Shaders v6 ACID Incompatible with macs
Credit: Sildur1 – Do not forget to check official thread for more information!