Complementary Shaders is a good name for this subtle but powerful shader pack for Minecraft. These shaders are designed to upgrade your game world with new visual elements. A combination of new lighting, shadows, game fog, and performance tweaks puts you in a completely new Vanilla gaming experience.
Utilizing the many features of Vanilla Minecraft, Complementary Shader Pack upgrades the game world with exciting new features. Night-time seems more spooky with heavy fogs rolling in. Luckily, the upgraded moonlight and glow will help guide your path as you venture on.
Enjoy new in-game experiences with upgraded biome atmospheres and lighting. Lava is more vivid than ever. The skies often change and have different appearances based on weather and season. There are bright and beautiful new atmosphere visuals to enjoy.
Apart from a visual overhaul of lighting elements and more, the developers have spent plenty of time optimizing the game on a variety of GPUs and gaming platforms. There are plenty of options to adjust within Optifine settings to get the perfect performance for your machine.
These developers are also very active in the scene and are devoted to assisting you to overcome any errors or issues you face. They are actively updating the shader pack to assist with any in-game errors that may occur as the game continues to update.
Gamers need to keep in mind that to play and use the Complementary Shaders pack, you must have Optifine 1.18.2 or an older version installed in order to load up the shaders properly. After installing Optifine, you will be able to seamlessly use Complementary Shaders within your Minecraft world.
In conclusion, Complementary Shaders does a great job to influence atmospheric changes into the Minecraft world while maintaining great performance levels on your PC. Minecraft can often be taxing on lower-end PC’s, but with this shader pack, you are guaranteed to enjoy a new level of game performance.
Note: Complementary is a Minecraft Java Edition shader pack based on CaptTatsu’s BSL Shaders.
Complementary Shaders — Update Logs
- Fixed Minecraft versions older than 1.17 having broken rendering.
- Fixed “Show Light Levels” option not working in Minecraft 1.18
- Fixed emissive ores causing subtle flickering in the distance, most noticeable in the 1.18 caves.
- Added a couple of modded leaves to block.properties
Also, all old changelogs are listed here.
Complementary Shaders — Screenshots & Video
Complementary Shaders — Comparison
Not sure if this shader is right for you, you can easily compare it between Minecraft vanilla and other shader packs with our ⚖️Shaders Compare Tool.
Use the slider to compare and make selection
Complementary Shaders — Installation Guide
- The first step is to download and install the Optifine HD on your Minecraft client!
- Now go to:
- Windows => %appdata%\.minecraft
- Mac OS X => ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Linux => ~/.minecraft
- Search for the “shaderpacks” folder.
- Copy downloaded zip file in the shaderpacks folder.
- Now you can select shader in-game from Options -> Video Settings -> Shaders!
- That was all!
- Minecraft 1.7.10 or above, 1.17.x, or 1.18.x is highly recommended.
- The latest version of Optifine.
- A discrete GPU.
Complementary Shaders — Download Links
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any shaders / mods on our server.
- We use only links from the official developer, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.