Very rarely is a Minecraft mod the basis for hundreds of other mods. Minecraft Forge API for Minecraft 1.16.5 is one such exception. There are tons of other mods out there that require Minecraft Forge to be installed. Essentially, this mod is absolutely vital for those who want to install mods in general, as many mods require the installation of Forge.
So what is Forge? Basically, Forge is a program, so to speak, that allows for mod developers to bring their ideas to life in a way that is familiar. Because Forge is so common amongst both mod developers and mod users, developing a mod with the use of Forge is a concept that people are familiar and comfortable with. Originally, it started out as a way for mod developers to use an engine with easy-to-learn metrics. Since then, Forge has evolved into one of the most popular and most used mods out there.
So why do so many mods require the installation of Forge? As mentioned above, many mod developers use Forge to turn their ideas into realities. Because mod developers needed a standard to build their ideas in, they turned to popular programs such as Forge. If developers use the same (or similar, at the very least) programs to create their mods, it would be easy to test, create, and publish. Because mod users are familiar with Forge as well, it is highly advantageous for a developer to use Forge.
To add to this explanation, Forge offers many useful and intuitive tools for the developer to use. Say a mod developer wants to add a new type of block or weapon. Many of the metrics required to bring such a concept to Minecraft are already included in Forge, so at some point, it simply becomes a matter of filling in the blanks. Alternatively, mod users are also familiar with Forge and its efficient mechanics, so hardcore mod fans most likely already have Forge installed.
It’s a bit of a cycle. Nowadays, many mod developers use Forge because players already have it installed because previous mod developers used Forge because that player base had Forge installed, and so on and so forth. However, Forge is not simply the “soup of the day” when it comes to essentially mod and modding tools. Forge offers many features for mod developers to use, which is why so many unique mods still use Forge as their basis. It would be one thing for only item mods to use Forge, but the program is used by mods that add many different things, such as mobs, blocks, items, characters, etc.
For the mod developer, Forge is definitely worth checking out because of its intuitive interface and many different program tools. It should also be worth noting that many players are familiar with Forge and its simple download, so asking for Forge to be installed in conjunction with a new mod is a tiny ask. For the mod user, Forge is a very simple installation that will work well with most mods you may be interested in.
Minecraft Forge — Update Logs
- Bump SecureJarHandler, and fix life cycle event’s deferred work being on the incorrect thread/boot classloader.
- Bump SecureJarHandler to fix package meta issue.
- Fix version.json having duplicate libraries.
- Fix AT order, missed exec line, and bump for RB.
- Fix wrong eye height when entity size changes.
- Fix datapack exception related to EnumArgument with siblings.
- Allow ITeleporter to override the vanilla teleport sound.
- Add support for custom WoodTypes.
Minecraft Forge API — Screenshots & Video
Minecraft Forge API — Installation Guide
- The first step is to download the installer for Forge.
- Open the installer.
- Java Software is required to run the installer.
- Select bullet “Install client” if it has not been selected automatically.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Now, wait until Forge download the files needed.
- After the installer had downloaded all the files needed, you will get a similar message:
- “Successfully installed client profile Forge for version *the version that you downloaded* into the launcher and grabbed 11 required libraries.”
- Click on the “OK” button.
- You can now open the Minecraft Launcher and select Forge Profile to use in the game!
Note: If you have no folder “mods” in .minecraft after installing Forge, run Minecraft with Forge profile one time.
Minecraft Forge API — Download Links
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any shaders / mods on our server.
- We use only links from the official developer, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.