Optifine 1.17.1 and 1.16.5 is one of the most commonly recognized mods amongst the Minecraft community–and for good reasons. Widely regarded as one of the few mods that revolutionized the way Minecraft is played, Optifine has added a multitude of features that smooths performance, enhances graphics, and allows hardware to better process the game’s textures.
But that’s simply Optifine in general. This particular mod enhances Optifine for 1.17 builds of Minecraft. Optifine HD focuses on making the game more aesthetically pleasing while giving a considerable boost to performance speed. Many players who use this build of Optifine will notice a significant increase in framerate. While a noticeable spike in framerate is a common feature, Optifine HD provides many other features as well. In conjunction to processing performance, this mod also provides support for HD textures. Some notable examples are HD fonts, animated terrain and item textures, custom colors, custom palettes, and custom lighting. This mod also allows for more variable render distance, ranging from tiny to extreme. Some sky textures are visible in short render distances, a feature not commonly available in vanilla. This mod also adds mipmaps support, making it so objects at a distance have an easier time rendering and therefore look better than compared to a vanilla experience. Optifine HD also adds support for simpler visual features, including fog control, better grass, better snow, and clearer water textures. Sometimes the simplest improvements are the most noticeable, and this mod is a testament to that concept.
On the more technical side, Optifine HD mod adds advanced features for those who are extremely familiar with the more complicated side of visual effects. Anisotropic filtering is one such example, providing support for mipmapped features within the game. Antialiasing is also provided, which often adds smoothness for some of the rougher, more pixelated textures seen in-game. V-Sync is provided as well, increasing the average processing performance by adjusting the framerate to better match the refresh rate of the player’s monitor. Support for Advanced OpenGL is added as well, a feature most noticed by players adept in advanced graphical features. In Layman’s terms, OpenGL adjusts the in-game artifacts, creating either a better visual experience or a better processing performance. With Optifine HD, the player can adjust how the game loads chunks. For strong processors, a player can adjust chunks to load at an incredible distance so that moving from one point in the game to another feels more like an open experience rather than a string of loading up sections to the game. For those with less powerful computers, chunks can be preloaded. This often allows certain chunks to not be loaded, making it so the game will not waste resources on loading an area that will not be explored. What good is loading up parts of a game that aren’t used, anyway?
Finally, Optifine allows for an incredible amount of graphical configuration. Certain animations, such as fire, water, lava, explosions, particles, and many other animations can be disabled to further increase processing performance. By default, these features are enabled. If you are looking for a mod to increase the graphical aspects of Minecraft, or you simply want the game to run faster, Optifine HD is definitely worth checking out.
Optifine HD Mod Update Logs
- Renamed shaders sampler “texture” to “gtexture”.
- Fixed shaders compatibility to work in core profile (MacOS).
- Fixed shaders rendering of a boat in the water.
- Fixed shader loading performance.
- Added prefix “va” to vanilla attribute names.
- Fixed shaders horizon rendering.
- Fixed chest texture in GUI with shaders.
- Added powder snow support for isEyeInWater uniform.
- Fixed enchanted glint with shaders.
- Fixed entity normal textures with shaders.
- Fixed shaders sky color.
- Fixed shaders compatibility preprocessor.
- Fixed various bugs in shaders compatibility mode.
- Fixed spam in log when checking for a cape.
- Fixed entities missing in the screenshot.
- Fixed shaders entity shadows.
- Fixed shaders block selection and fishing rod line
- Fixed shaders particles visible through blocks
- Fixed shaders particle and sun color.
- Fixed shaders water fog.
- Fixed shaders lightmap coordinates.
- Added shaders compatibility mode.
- Fixed chunks not loading when changing dimension.
- Fixed emissive textures for entities.
- Fixed custom sky.
- Added dynamic lights for glow squid, glow berries and glow item frame.
- Added default CTM for tinted glass.
- Optimized startup performance.
- Fixed smart animations and render regions for translucent blocks.
- Fixed alpha check for cutout textures (leaves, glass).
- Fixed dynamic lights.
- Updated to 1.17
- Not compatible with Forge.
Optifine HD Mod — Screenshots & Video
Optifine HD Mod — Installation Guide
- Download the Optifine installer, you must have Java software on your PC to run it.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- When the installation is finished, a new window will appear.
- That was it!
- All you do is download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download Optifine, the download links are below this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!
Optifine HD Mod — Download Links
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any shaders / mods on our server.
- We use only links from the official developer, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.