The Persistence texture pack marries both rustic and medieval senses of style together into a pretty package. The main goal here was to boost up the level of detail in textures throughout Minecraft, all without making the game look too different. The pack isn’t entirely finished though – a handful of the newest items from the 1.12 update haven’t been done yet, and things like the horses and all of the paintings still need to be revamped to be in line with the rest of Persistence. You may also notice some graphical bugs around the game with this pack installed.
However, the author assures us that this pack will be totally finished soon. To be fair it’s pretty close; a solid 95% at least. The things that have been finished look pretty good too. For one thing, growing vegetables and grains have much different graphics, so it’s a lot easier to tell when they’re fully grown. That means you don’t accidentally break them right before they’re ripe, which means you save time. For fans of jail servers and those who want to build their own jails, iron doors also look a lot more like cell doors, with a set of bars running through the port on top.
There are also two different versions of the Persistence resource pack – a 128x and a 64x version. The textures in the lower resolution version aren’t as sharp, of course, but the underlying theme of the pack is plain and easy to see regardless of the version you use. Also, those lower-resolution textures are a lot easier for GPUs and CPUs to render, so if players experience slowdown or performance issues with the bigger pack, the smaller one might work.
Persistence Texture Pack — Screenshots & Video
Persistence Texture Pack — Installation Guide
- Download the resource pack, you should get a .zip file.
- Open the folder to which you downloaded the file.
- Open Minecraft.
- In Minecraft, click on “Options”, then “Resource Packs”.
- Now just drag and drop the downloaded zip file into the Minecraft window.
- Go back to the Minecraft window, the resource pack should now be listed.
Is texture pack not showing up in-game?
Open the downloaded zip file and make sure the pack zip is in a valid format, the root directory needs to contain:
- assets folder
Persistence Texture Pack — Download Links
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any shaders / mods on our server.
- We use only links from the official developer, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.