Who doesn’t want more creatures crawling, slithering, and flying around in their Minecraft world? Well, if you don’t, then you’re definitely in the wrong place. The Mo Creatures mod 1.12.2 adds a number of new critters and creatures to Minecraft, with a total of more than 40 new mobs you can interact with, fight against and sometimes run away from. You get a real assortment here too, with a handful of violent monsters, some friendly mobs, animals which can be tamed and farmed for resources, and even a couple of creatures which can be equipped with a saddle and ridden around like a horse.
As far as creature mods go, Mo Creatures is one of the best. The only bad thing about Mo Creatures is the fact the mod doesn’t work with the latest version of Minecraft all the time. The latest release is only suitable for Minecraft 1.12.2, so using it with 1.17 or 1.16.5 and up could lead to some undesired function, or to a total lack of function in the form of crashes and load failures. Updates are planned for this mod so it will work with newer versions of Minecraft, but right now there’s nothing like that available. Keep that in mind if you use a lot of other mods which are compatible with any 1.17 client.
If you don’t want to download the mod and try it for fear of how long it will take then you’re in luck. The Mo Creatures mod has a server of its own at play.mocreatures.org. Whether it’s online and available or not is a different story, but if you can catch the server when it is online, you can try the mod yourself without downloading anything since the mod is hosted on the server by default. If you like what you see with all the new creatures, you can simply download the mod and start using it.
There really are many new creatures, including some which seem like they should have been around in vanilla Minecraft for a while now. There are snakes, birds and turtles, just to name a handful of passive mobs. Horses are included as well, but they were added to Minecraft in 1.11 by default. The Mo Creatures mod includes werewolves, crocodiles, and ogres, as well as piranha monsters which are liable to take a bite out of you if you go head into the water without a boat.
Mo’ Creatures Mod — Update Logs
- Fixed inability to open chested pets with mounts.
- Fixed fishnets not working for some aquatics.
- Fixed rendering on the client when an entity rides a player.
- Added missing AT for biomeName and underlyingIntegerMap.
- Temporarily disabled jellyfish glowing effect until player transparency is resolved.
- Fixed crashing bug when hitting werewolves with a tool
- Another attempt to fix aquatic animals crashing bugs
- Fixed hybrid bigCats and pet amulet bug
- Animals can be tamed by riding them again
- Fixed Jellyfish crashing bug
- Fixed bug that made wyverns revert back to mother wyvern
- Exorcised Aquatic animals crashing bugs
- Tamed Ligers can obtain wings by receiving an essence of light
Mo’ Creatures Mod — Screenshots & Video
Mo’ Creatures Mod — Installation Guide
- All you do is download the Minecraft Forge + CustomMobSpawner and install it first.
- Now you need to download Mo’ Creatures, the download links are below this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!
Mo’ Creatures Mod — Download Links
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any shaders / mods on our server.
- We use only links from the official developer, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.