If you want a shader pack that focuses on water and makes the most abundant substance in Minecraft more pleasing to the eyes, then you might like robobo1221’s Shaders. This pack, which was released in early March of 2014, is compatible with older versions of Minecraft from around that time – that means 1.6 and various iterations of 1.7. It’s still getting regular updates, though, so robobo1221’s Shaders also work with Minecraft 1.12 and 1.11. With such a high degree of compatibility, there’s no reason not to give this shader pack a try, unless of course, your computer can’t support the enhanced visuals.
This is one of many packs which could probably be considered resource-intensive in that they require a lot of system resources to give players the best possible experience. Many shader packs are like this, not just robobo1221’s Shaders, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone reading. However, there are a handful of simplistic shaders which work with on-board motherboard graphics too. This is not one of those. You can see it right away in the way light reflects off of water, and the way you get realistic reflections for things standing at the water’s edge, like fences or livestock or even you.
Speaking of requirements, it seems that Nvidia cards do the best with robobo1221’s Shaders mod. That doesn’t mean you can’t get good visuals with AMD or Intel graphics, but Nvidia has the highest degree of compatibility, so those cards would be the best option for anyone who wants the best graphics from this shader pack. The majority of users seem to be stuck in the 30-60 FPS range when using robobo1221’s Shaders, but this probably has more to do with the majority of users having middle-range PCs than the shader pack itself. High-end GPUs, processors and memory totals will allow for up to 100+ FPS.
That’s the thing though – unless you’ve got a really good PC to play Minecraft on, you’re not going to get the best visuals robobo1221’s Shaders has to offer. Even with an average PC though, you get the amazing custom clouds, you get the better skies, you get the better glass and connected textures. As long as you’re running Optifine like you should be, that will really improve the look of robobo1221’s Shaders, sometimes more than an actual hardware upgrade. For features like dynamic water caustics, ripples and waves, you will need a powerful GPU though.
Before and After
We used follow resources:
- Minecraft 1.10.2
- Default Resource Pack
- Robobo1221s shaders V 6.0 Extreme
robobo1221’s Shaders for Minecraft Changelogs
- Just a whole rewrite from scratch and a lot of visual improvements like: Bloom, Atmoshperic scattering and more!
- Foreward Rendering
- Stained Glass refraction
- Stained glass normals
- Includes for water shaders and color range
- New bloom
- Volumetric Clouds WIP NOT DONE
- New Clouds
- Pre Calculated land normals
- Gamma Correct to Volumetric Light
- Dof is back! (disabled by default)
- SubSurfaceScattering to water
- Movie Border
- Chromatic abboration
- Better fog calculation
- Stained Glass Reflections
- Ice Reflections
- 2nd Phong shading
- Better clouds
- Stars and clouds fully reflecting in the water
- New shadow filter
- New Bloom
- Sun Glow
- Option to disable/enable rain drops
- Option to disable/enable Dirty lens
- Option to disable/enable Fog
- Option to disable/enable All Reflections
- Requires Optifine or GLSL Shaders Mod
- Requires Minecraft Forge API for most of the versions.
How to install robobo1221’s Shaders?
- The first step is to download and install the GLSL Shaders Mod or Optifine on your Minecraft client!
- Now go to:
- Windows => %appdata%\.minecraft
- Mac OS X => ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Linux => ~/.minecraft
- Search for the “shaderpacks” folder.
- Move the downloaded .zip into the shaderpacks folder.
- Now you can select shader in-game from
Options / Video Settings / Shaders!
- That was all!
Download Links for robobo1221’s Shaders Pack
for Minecraft 1.11/1.10/1.9/1.8/1.7
- robobo1221s shaders v7.0 extreme
- robobo1221s shaders v7.0 ultra
- robobo1221s shaders v7.0 high
- robobo1221s shaders v7.0 medium.
- robobo1221s shaders v7.0 low
Credit: Robobo1221’s – Do not forget to check official website for more information!