Created way back in 2015 by Daniel Rodriguez Moya, the BBEPC Shader pack (short for Beyond Belief Engine PC) is a wonderful Shader pack that emphasizes in providing quality weather effects and cinematic effects like Depth of Field (DOF). Although the pack was abandoned by the original owner, Username Dakotah2468 continued the project and improved it quite a lot with complete permission from the owner.
What the BBEPC Shader Pack is About
Emphasizing on weather effects, the BBEPC Shader pack creates an effect of wetness to the ground and surface when it rains.
The Shader pack provides advanced motion blur effects that’s suitable for quick movements and will make Minecraft more similar to FPS games.
One of the focus of the Shader pack is to improve water by giving it a physics-based movement, enhancing its clarity, and adding various effects like light refraction and landscape and sky reflection among many others.
Gentle and Natural-looking Lighting
The BBEPC Shader mod 1.12.2 provides one of the best lighting detail we have seen in a Shader pack as it features realistic level of lighting for both night and day.
Gorgeous Weather and Storm Effect
One of the many highlights of this Shader pack is its absolutely wonderful effects on stormy weathers. When there is a storm, the area will be covered with fog, the rain will become absolutely heavy, the ground will be wet and muddy, and visibility will be so low that it becomes more challenging. The way it should be!
Depth of Field
One feature of this pack is the depth of field which gives it a solid cinematic effect by blurring everything outside point of view and focusing only on what the user is looking. Although very beautiful and perfect for taking screenshots and cinematics, it is very taxing on the PC and is better left for high-end PCs.
Calm Waving of Grass and Leaves
Waving flora and foliage in Shaders is a bit common nowadays, but this pack features smooth waves that are very relaxing and calming on the eyes.
Should You Use It?
The pack is beautiful regardless of the weather and is even more immersive when it is storming. However, it does not feature some of the advanced Shader pack effects of some popular Shader packs like Volumetric clouds and more. However, if you don’t mind the lack of features, then we can recommend the BBEPC Shader pack.
BBEPC Shader Mod Update Logs
- Fixed white screen issue on Nvidia cards with newer drivers.
- Added: Rain water effects on blocks and other misc.
- Initial release by Daniel
- Will not display red effect from Random things bloodmoons and can cause the screen to go black at certain heights during the event.
- Witchery mod werewolf mode messes with lens flare and haze.
- Ignore the gbuffers_weather message. It does not effect anything.
How to install BBEPC Shader Mod?
To install the BBEPC Shader pack, you must first make sure to have the latest Graphics drive installed in your system and have either the Optifine mod or the GLSL Shader mod installed. To properly install the Shader pack, follow the steps below.
- Download and install either Optifine Mod and GLSL Shader Mod
- Run Minecraft with the required mod at least once to generate the necessary folder.
- Download the Shader pack from below.
- Copy the downloaded file and paste it to the Shaderpacks folder inside the Minecraft directory
- Activate the Shader inside Minecraft by going to Settings > Video Settings > Shaderpacks.