Sometimes, simple mods are really the best when it comes to Minecraft. The Bloodmoon mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 is a good example of this. Essentially, this mod ports a feature found naturally in the Terraria game into Minecraft, so people playing the Mojang game can enjoy it as well. That feature, the Blood Moon, allows for a bloody, red moon to rise in the evening sky at a low probability – about 5%, according to the author of this mod. During the night of the blood moon, monsters are more dangerous with buffed HP, damage and speed, and they also spawn much more frequently.
Unfortunately, the maker of the Bloodmoon mod couldn’t completely copy over the event to Minecraft from Terraria. There’s really only one difference between the two, but it is a big one. When the Blood Moon rises, zombies can break down the player’s doors and get into homes, where they undoubtedly take out the NPCs they find there. In Minecraft, the only way for zombies to break down doors is to turn the game up to Hard or Hardcore difficulty. Even with this mod installed, if the game isn’t set to the right difficulty, zombies still won’t be able to break down doors. It really is a big difference.
If you can get past that bit about the zombies and doors though, the Bloodmoon mod is an excellent addition to Minecraft 1.12 and 1.11.2. It gives players another good reason to fear the night, which should help push them to make a proper shelter before the first evening falls on a new world. The monsters are stronger, but not overpowered, so they can still be killed if you’re crazy enough to go outside while the blood moon is active. Overall, this is a nice mod that doesn’t add much content and doesn’t break the game, so it’s worth a look.
Bloodmoon Mod Changelogs
v1.5.1 for Minecraft 1.11 and 1.11.2
- Fixed: Server crash when the New Moon Schedule was active
v1.5 for Minecraft 1.11 and 1.11.2
- Added: Config options to cause bloodmoons every nth night or whenever there is a full moon
- Added: Optional whitelist to control which monsters are spawned by a bloodmoon
- Fixed: Bloodmoon causing no monster spawning
- Fixed: Ingame config menu not showing the general category
How to install Bloodmoon Mod in Minecraft 1.12.2?
- All you do is to download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download Bloodmoon, the download links are below of this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!