While roaming around in Minecraft with a full inventory packed with stacks of blocks, food and items, where exactly do players store all of the stuff they’re carrying? Steve is just a regular guy with a shirt and some jeans, maybe 3 or 4 pockets max – there’s just a big gap in continuity here, you know? That’s why the Backpacks mod is so nice. While it does technically give the player another inventory window with 30 more slots of storage space to use, at least this mod makes players look like they’re carrying around bags loaded with stuff rather than just pulling it out of thin air.
The Backpacks mod is more than just a way to carry a chest on your back too. If you hold down the sneak key, SHIFT by default, you can actually move items and equipment between your bag and any other chest or container you right click while sneaking. Holding the sneak button is actually important for accessing the backpack inventory even if you aren’t trying to move items between containers, so that’s a thing you might want to make a note of if you’re thinking of trying the Backpacks mod. There are instructions and other information at the mod website for your convenience.
If you’re looking for a sense of realism in your Minecraft gameplay then the Backpacks mod will do you right. But that expanded inventory is also a nice bonus. Who wouldn’t want to carry twice as much stuff in Minecraft, a game where inventory space is always at a premium for some reason? It’s just practical, kind of like pasting a backpack on someone’s back is practical since they have to be carrying their inventory somewhere. These are the two main benefits of the Backpacks mod and they are both integrated well, with few bugs and errors.
Backpacks Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
- [BugFix] Workbench backpack consuming wrong items
- [BugFix] Personal backpack unequips/vanishes when inventory is full, and you try to pickup items
- [BugFix] Backpack was picking up wrong items
- [Feature] Implemented support for forge’s recipe sorter to prevent warning in logs
- Rewrite of most of the code for 1.7 to have a cleaner basis for upcoming features.
- New save mechanic (no duplicates, no losses, …)
- Fixed the NEI Support that was broken for quite some time
- Added support for VersionChecker
How to install Backpacks Mod in Minecraft?
- All you do is to download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download Optifine, the download links are below of this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!