Biomes o Plenty Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2
The world of Minecraft is laid out in a number of sections called chunks. These chunks are 16 blocks by 16 blocks, pretty close to 300 square blocks each. These chunks are further divided into the different biomes you can see in any Minecraft world – taiga, desert, extreme hills and plains are all examples of different biomes. The Biomes o’ Plenty mod adds a number of new biomes to Minecraft so it’s a good mod if you’re looking for more variety in your environment and less of the same old surroundings. This mod adds much more than just empty biomes though.
For one, you get a number of new plants which are right at home in the new biomes, so it’s not like you have wide open stretches of nothing but grass. Some of the new biomes, like the bog, come with new, unique materials you can use for crafting, like the decaying wood which works just like normal wood but looks rotten through. Some trees, like the cherry ones in the cherry blossom biomes, also drop special food items you don’t normally get from trees. Some of the biomes are kind of redundant since vanilla Minecraft already does something similar in those cases, like the flower field biome.
The one thing you don’t get from the Biomes o’ Plenty mod is alternate dimensions, like the Nether or the End dimension. Many mods toss in new dimensions for players to explore, but this one focuses on the overworld of Minecraft and making it a more diverse place to play. Thanks to biomes like the Fungi Forest, you can get access to Mooshroom mobs without needing to find a mushroom biome. This mod makes some parts of Minecraft more accessible and easy to find, but besides that, it doesn’t really alter the game or change the rarity of items or mobs.
Besides the major biomes and plants, there are also sub-biomes which can be found existing in the area of other biomes. For example, you can sometimes find an oasis sub-biome in the middle of desert biomes, where it’s possible to get water, chop down some trees and refresh yourself before resuming your trek through the sands. If you want a more diverse environment in Minecraft, the Biomes o’ Plenty mod can bring them to you. But it might be best to play the game for a while first so you know what content is actually new and what content was always there.
Biomes o Plenty Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
Build 1.9-184.108.40.2060 for Minecraft 1.9
- forstride: Changed storm formation bounding box
- forstride: Added stone formation blocks (No generation yet)
- forstride: Fixed palm tree generation
- forstride: Improved Chaparral biome
- forstride: Improved Redwood Forests
- Adubbz: Updated to the latest Forge
- forstride: Removed XZ offset for mushrooms
- Adubbz: Fixed a potential crash with trails
Build 1.8.9-220.127.116.112 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Adubbz: Prevent saplings from dropping if their item is null.
- Adubbz: Fixed fluid collision boxes.
Build 1.8-18.104.22.1682 for Minecraft 1.8
- Adubbz: Removed old access transformer.
- Adubbz: Moved access transformer.
How to install Biomes o Plenty Mod in Minecraft?
- All you do is to download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download Optifine, the download links are below of this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!
Download Links for Biomes o Plenty Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
- Update out soon.
for Minecraft 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4 / 1.10
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Glitchfiend – Do not forget to check official website for more information!