There’s only one problem with Minecraft. There are too many items. Too Many Items Mod for Minecraft 1.12 helps players to keep track of which items are in the game, as well as how to craft them, by creating an extra menu in the HUD. By bringing up the Too Many Items menu, players can search for items, find the names and icons for items, learn how to craft items, and even place an item from the menu in their inventory. While this may come across as a way to exploit the game, Too Many Items can serve as a tool for map designing with items that would otherwise be inaccessible to the player. For example, players can now set up custom spawners for use in a creative map. This is wonderful for those who are interested in creating a game mode that requires the use of certain mobs being in a particular area.
The features don’t stop there. The Too Many Items menu also allows for non-item aspects about the game to be manipulated. For example, players can adjust the time of day within this menu. This is great for creating maps or game modes in creative mode without having to find a nearby bed and skip to daytime, or if a player simply wants to keep working in the daylight or fighting in the nighttime. Game mode can also be changed within this menu. The menu allows for survival, creative, and adventure modes to be accessed at the press of a button. Want to test out a game mode you’ve made? Simply switch from creative mode to adventure mode and see the progress you’ve made? Difficulty can also be changed in this menu. While this is a feature implemented in vanilla, it is notably quicker and simpler to use the Too Many Items menu than having to go to game preferences.
The 1.8 version also adds new features to Too Many Items Mod, such as adding the new items added in Minecraft 1.8, the ability to go into spectator mode, unlimited stack options, enhanced panels, sidebar, and descriptions, new custom items, and much more. There have also been many bug fixes, creating a smoother experience when using Too Many Items. The multiplayer aspect of Too Many Items has been improved as well.
It should also be noted that Too Many Items mod is Forge compatible, but does not require Forge to work. This is an excellent feature because it allows players to throw it into a custom mod pack, but players do not have to install additional programs if they wish to use Too Many Items. Of course, there are older versions of Too Many Items, and non-Forge versions are provided as well. In fact, there are versions of Too Many Items that date back to the beta days of Minecraft. Too Many Items proves itself as one of those few Minecraft mods that are a staple mod to install while continuing to get better and better as time marches on.
Too Many Items Mod Features
- The new 1.8 items
- Enhanced enchantment, potion, and firework panels
- All-new custom items: colored leather, player heads, signs with text, filled flower pots, preselected note blocks
- New fuzzy search! You don’t have to type all the letters (e.g. ramp for Redstone Comparator)
- Press enter in the search box to spawn the top item! Get items quicker than ever
- Everything now fits in a sidebar; no more overlap with potion effects etc.
- Easier My Items (favorites) editing with helpful tooltips
- Rename save states
- Unlimited stacks is now a global setting, along with keep items on death, prevent rain and more
- Unlimited stacks refresh without ModLoader/Forge as long as you’ve opened the inventory
- Switch to spectator mode
- Improved multiplayer custom item spawning (still only if within chat length limit)
- Fixed some bugs, possibly added new ones
- Removed Herobrine Spawner
- Compatible with Forge
How to Install Too Many Items Mod?
- All you do is to download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download TooManyItems; the download links are below of this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!
Download Too Many Items Mod
for Minecraft 1.9.4/1.8.9/1.10/1.10.2/1.11/1.11.2/1.12
- Not yet!
for Minecraft 1.8
Credit: Marglyph – Do not forget to check official thread for more information!