Who doesn’t like Pokemon? Well, lots of people don’t to be perfectly honest. But lots of people love the little pocket monsters, which is evident by all the merchandise, TV shows, cartoons, movies and, not least of all, the huge series of video games. Pokemon even find their way into other games too. The Pixelmon mod adds a sort of Pokemon system to Minecraft where you can hunt down monsters, beat them nearly to death and then lob Pokeballs at them to capture and tame the creatures. Owned Pokemon can then be used to fight against other Pokemon, or even other players.
Pixelmon is probably the most exhaustive Pokemon Mod for Minecraft today. It features some 637 different potential Pokemon partners, all of which can be caught and tamed in the traditional way. Thankfully you get a Pokemon right from the time you load up your world once you have this mod installed, so you don’t have to go against the wild monsters alone like Ash when he tried to beat his first Pidgey by chucking rocks at it when Pikachu wouldn’t help him. Don’t worry about your little buddy not listening to you – there are no level requirements or badges necessary in the Pixelmon mod.
To initiate a fight, you need to chuck your filled Pokeball at another player or a wild Pokemon, whatever it is you’re trying to put the hurt on. This will force you and the target into a situation which is almost exactly like the Pokemon battles from the early Gameboy games. You and your monster will face off against the opponent, if any, and their monster. Teams will take turns fighting with one of up to four different attacks, using items or maybe even running away if things don’t go so well in the fight.
Forcing this turn-based system of combat into Minecraft was no small feat. It’s one of the major defining parts of the Pixelmon mod, and it’s also one of the only reasons Pixelmon is still so popular today, years after its initial release. There are lots of other mods out there which just toss a few Pokemon into the game and have them beat you to death like all the other hostile mobs in Minecraft. The Pixelmon mod is not like those other mods, which are more or less poor imitations of this vastly superior mod. If you want Pokemon in Minecraft, you’ve got to try the Pixelmon mod.
Pixelmon Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
Version 5.0.4 for Minecraft 1.10.2
- Fixed console error when Mega Evolved boss Pokémon movement parameters are removed from the “bossdrops.json” external JSON file
- Fixed crash when a structure’s rarity is set to 0 in the external JSON files
- Fixed draining moves healing a Pokémon after Destiny Bond’s effects
- Fixed elevators sometimes not working
- Fixed /endbattle command freezing a battle when used by a spectator
- Fixed evolution crash
- Fixed evolution dialogue box text when canceling evolution
- Fixed experience bar changing too early when switching out a Pokémon in battle
- Fixed experience bar overflowing when level is edited with a Pokémon editor
- Fixed Explode causing the Pokémon to not display as fainted correctly
- Fixed external move cooldowns displaying incorrectly after healing a Pokémon
- Fixed external move cooldowns lasting too long when time is set backwards
Version 5.0.0 Beta 9 for Minecraft 1.10.2
- Fixed Aromatherapy/Heal Bell not working on party Pokémon
- Fixed battle spectate messages persisting after disconnecting
- Fixed costs for move relearners and move tutors sometimes being out-of-sync between client and server
- Fixed crash with missing skins for NPC Trainers in Gyms
- Fixed Dig duplicating blocks
- Fixed Fossil cleaners being invisible
- Fixed Isi’s silver hourglass being unusable from the main hand
- Fixed large blocks sometimes not being placed when there is room
- Fixed Leaf Stone ore not spawning
- Fixed Magic Coat/Magic Bounce not reflecting entry hazards
- Fixed MySQL database compatibility with Sponge
- Fixed NPC editor not translating NPC Trainer/trader Pokémon
- Fixed PokéLoot chest generation freezing servers with exposed void
- Fixed Pokémon spawning crash
- Fixed warp plates being invisible
- Fixed Wailmer Pails being infinitely usable when held in the offhand
Version 4.2.3 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Added missing Egg Bomb TM to special drops.
- Fixed choice items not resetting when swapping held items in battle.
- Fixed magenta trade machine texture.
- Fixed memory leak with boxes, end tables, and Fossil displays.
- Fixed PokéDollars being wasted when attempting to buy from a shopkeeper with a full inventory.
- Fixed riding height on Groudon.
- Fixed team statuses not being applied if the target faints before the move is used.
- Fixed the return held items config setting not affecting active Pokémon.
- This mod does require Forge!
- This mod is large and complex, you may have a drop in framerate (FPS)!
How to install Pixelmon Mod?
- All you do is to download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download Pixelmon, the download links are below of this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!
Download Links for Pixelmon Mod
Credit: epicSplashBattle – Do not forget to check official website for more information!