Who doesn’t appreciate mods that make manipulating and transporting into and out of one’s inventory all easy things to do? The Inventory Tweaks mod is another mod designed specifically to give more inventory control to the players who install and use it. In this sense, the mod is a lot like any other inventory mod, like Too Many Items or Convenient Inventory. However, there are some subtle differences between all of these different inventory mods that only become apparent after trying them all for a while. That’s what you can look forward to reading about in this review.
For starters, there are compatibility issues. Not any major ones though – the Inventory Tweaks mod just doesn’t work at all if you have it installed alongside the Convenient Inventory mod, so don’t even try to play Minecraft with both of those mods active at the same time. Also, online servers can sort of “turn off” the function of the Inventory Tweaks mod for players using anti-cheat plugins, even if it isn’t exactly cheating. What the security on these servers usually picks up is either the super-fast clicking of the automated cursor in the inventory, or items which are stacked too large, or stacked at all even.
That last part is in the case of things like minecarts or fishing rods – some items in Minecraft just don’t naturally stack, and when the Inventory Tweaks mod starts stacking them for you to save space in your inventory, some servers will see that and throw up the red flag that gets you banned from them. Some other nice features of this mod include automatic replacement of any building blocks you run out of while constructing something, as well as new tools which just appear in your hands at the same moment the older tools finally break. This mod will save you a lot of time, no doubt about that.
So if you’re looking for an inventory mod which is more active and less passive, then you might really like the Inventory Tweaks mod. The single-click sort feature makes organizing your inventory and storage spaces like chests and ender chests fast and easy. You don’t need to do any modifications or fill out and config files to make it work either. Because Inventory Tweaks is ready to use right after the installation, it makes a good inventory mod for players who are just trying that out for the first time.
Inventory Tweaks Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
1.61-dev-45 for Minecraft 1.9
- Make the textfield focus suppressor work in dev enviroment. – Kobata
- Update forge version requirement. – Kobata
- Update pack-format number to 1.9 default. – Kobata
1.60 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Network handling for server-assisted mode should be more consistent.
- Sorting works in creative mode inventory again.
- Move-all-of-type shortcut works more often in situations where the first item in the section was not the clicked item.
- Horses/Donkeys equipped with a chest are now sortable.
- Default sort of items not in the item tree altered to provide better results in most cases.
- Mushroom stew auto-refill works again.
- Various other small changes.
How to install Inventory Tweaks Mod?
- All you do is to download the Minecraft Forge and install it first.
- Now you need to download Optifine, the download links are below of this text.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- That was it!